Tuesday, January 17

Lack of compassion

Lack of compassion – It’s strange that now in my life I sit back and wonder about these things now. I generally think of my self as a caring likable guy… but when it comes down to certain things I really done have any feeling, or I just don’t notice it. Let me explain:
I know someone that was recently in the hospitable, now when I seen his parent I ask about him and how he was doing… Why? Curious; yes. Cared about him; Not sure. And that is the part that I am wondering about. I’m Not sure. Now I could understand if I didn’t know him that well or his family, but I do… I remember when he was born and I am very close to his father. Why am I not sure? IT was making my head turn, I couldn’t nail this down! WHY?! I am Christian, I should! I don’t want to just pretend… I want to care! So I pray and then continue to live, what else is there to do? I know that compassion is one of the last gifts that I have… and I am taken Paul’s advice and praying diligently for a gift…to just have a small bit of it, or just help me understand why I don’t have that gift would be great.
Let’s throw another rock into the cog of thought process. I have a gift to evangelize; meaning I can walk up to a complete stranger and share my faith with him. Yet I really don’t care about that person. If they accept a similar belief then GREAT, if not that is ok as well. They have a life and it is their lives not mine. They get to make the choices they do, not me. If they was advice for the trip, directions on the journey, then I’m here to help and I’d be happy to do that.
REVELATION!! See this is why I write these out…it like praying to God in written form…helps me think…plus I have my friends reading this to discus. Anyway onto the Revelation; as I was writing I realized that I do care, although it may be a tiny bit, I do care. It is just not as much as maybe I think a Christian should. See God was just pointing out to me how to find what I was looking for... That I do care.. Isn’t God AWESOME!

1 comment:

Kevin J Bowman said...

It is hard for me to grasp the fact that to love God I MUST love people. Loving God is easy... People not so much!!!

Care more than we have in the past... I think that has to be our goal for each day.